I posted a picture of this cake on my instagram story a few weeks ago and got so many replies to share the recipe so here it is! This is one of the easiest recipes to make with only four ingredients, but it tastes amazing and has a rustic look that makes it look beautiful without much effort. To pull the whole cake together it takes less than 15 minutes, then 30 minutes in the oven!
Having a warm slice of this cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream is a combination to die for, and its so easy so why not give it a go right?
You can decorate it with whatever you want, but personally I think red fruits like strawberries and raspberries suit this cake the best!
On another note I know how difficult of a time this is for so many of us. There are so individuals and families are being affected, I’m praying for everyones safety and hoping this will all pass soon. Businesses are also being hit hard at this time as well… As someone who works in the hospitality industry this really is a massive blow. As a result of the social distancing and quarantine talks small businesses are really struggling, and even tiny amounts of support like ordering takeaway, buying gift vouchers, merchandise and more can help small businesses from shutting down. The number of restaurants, cafes, small retailers and more that have had to close doors really breaks my heart. Let's all work together to make the best of this time and support each other while staying safe and healthy!
And while everyone is cooped up at home you can give this easy flourless chocolate cake recipe a go! Happy baking everyone 🙂Print
Flourless Chocolate Cake
The EASIEST but the most delicious chocolate cake, a crisp exterior and rich, dense and fudgy centre. This stunningly rustic cake can be finished and decorated in less than an hour, and the best thing about it is that it's flour and gluten free!
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 150 g Good quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, chopped into small chunks
- 75 g Unsalted butter (⅓ cup)
- 150 g Sugar (¾ cup)
- 3 Eggs
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Line the base of a 6-inch springform cake tin, and grease the sides with butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl with short 30 second bursts in the microwave
- Add the sugar and mix until well combined
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until smooth each time
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes
- Cool and refrigerate overnight
- Decorate with desired fruits, dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice-cream