An easy no-bake dessert that is sweet, creamy and delicious. Chocolatey Oreos dipped in espresso with a silky smooth mascarpone cream, a twist on the classic tiramisu.
Who doesn't love Oreos? I feel like Oreos are one of those snacks that are universally loved. What can you not love about a chocolate cookie filled with sweet cream right?! This time I wanted to create a dessert that was easy to make for all of you, and something that doesn't require an oven or stovetop.
If you are looking for a simple fuss free dessert you are in the right place.
This Oreo tiramisu parfait is a take on the classic Italian dessert, but instead of ladyfingers I have replaced them with Oreo cookies. This adds a deep chocolate flavour that is soooo good with the mascarpone cream!
Tips on creating the perfect Oreo tiramisu
This recipe is so easy to create, however there are a few tips and tricks that will help make it even easier!
Making the Mascarpone Cream
- It is easy to over-whip the cream, causing it to split.
- The cream for this recipe doesn't need to be piped so it is okay for it to be slightly under-whipped.
- Aim for medium stiff peaks, this will also make it easier when layering it with the oreos
Layering the Oreos
- When layering the Oreos make sure to line them along the side of your dish, this will allow you to see the layers if serving in glassware!
- If you find that you are left with more cream and no more Oreos you can always add a few more cookies. There is no exact number of Oreos needed as it can vary depending on your choice of serving ware.
Substitutes for Alcohol and Coffee in Tiramisu
Choice of Alcohol
- It is completely optional to add alcohol to this recipe. I find it gives the dessert a greater depth in flavour, but it's up to you!
- Tiramisu traditionally uses rum however I love using Frangelico in tiramisu.
- Frangelico is a hazelnut liquor and it gives a little nuttiness to the overall taste
- Coffee liquors like Kahlua work amazing too!
- If this dessert is for the kids, or someone that doesn't enjoy coffee that much, feel free to change it up.
- You can dip the Oreos in milk instead of coffee when layering with cream and it will be equally as delicious!
Let's Get Baking!
If you are looking for an easy no-oven dessert this Oreo tiramisu is the one for you! The mascarpone cream with Oreos is a game changer and it looks so sophisticated that no one will know how simple it was.
If you liked this recipe make sure to leave me a comment and rating down below, I would love to know how you went.
Also, don't forget to tag me on Instagram @catherine.desserts and hashtag #cattycakes so I can see and share your desserts. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and TikTok for more of my baking creations and updates! Until next time... happy baking!Print
Oreo Tiramisu Parfait
An easy no-bake dessert that is sweet, creamy and delicious. Chocolatey oreos dipped in espresso with a silky smooth mascarpone cream, a twist on the classic tiramisu.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 Egg yolks
- ¼ cup Thickened/ heavy cream (60g)
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese (225g)
- 30 Oreos
- 1 cup Hot brewed coffee
- Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Frangelico/Rum/Kahlua
- Split the oreos and remove the cream, placing it in a medium sided mixing bowl
- Into the medium bowl with the oreo cream add the egg yolks and whisk until smooth
- Add the thickened/heavy cream and whisk until medium stiff peaks
- Add the mascarpone cream and whisk until combined
- To the hot brewed coffee add the alcohol (optional)
- Dip the oreos in the coffee and place in your serveware of choice (glass, ramekin, bowl, etc)
- After one layer of oreos add a layer of mascarpone cream, then another layer of oreos
- Continue until there is no more mascarpone cream
- Smooth the top and dust with cocoa powder
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 2-3 hours
do you have a quick/easy chocolate mouse recipe? thank you 🙂
Hi, I don't, but I'll have to do a recipe for it!
Hi! For how many people is this recipe?
Hi Pame, this makes 2 🙂